The joy of performing is at the very root of this Progressive Celtic Folk band. Inspired by traditional Celtic and Folk tunes, Mark Pierce and Anna Dorsey began investing in their own song-writing in 2019. With a fiddle, mandolin, guitar and bass, Ironwood is dedicated to writing original tunes, as well as paying homage to traditional Folk and Celtic songs. Inspired by nature and the half electric half acoustic vibes of their music, the name Ironwood came to be.
Married in 2016, Mark and Anna have been united by music through every step of their relationship. Getting engaged on the main stage (in a previous ensemble) at the Michigan Irish Music Festival, in Muskegon MI, was one of the most memorable moments of their early career. Now they look forward to performing festivals, meeting other musicians and recording more albums of original music.
Ironwood has performed at a variety of venues such as Arts Beats & Eats in Royal Oak, Chicago Irish American Heritage Center, Motor City Irish Fest, Saline Celtic Festival, St Andrew’s Society Highland Games Festival, MI Renaissance Festival, Wyandotte Leprechaun Crawl Festival and more.
– PAST SHOWS –
- St. Andrews Detroit Highland Games
- Holland Celtic Festival
- Saline Celtic Festival
- MI Renaissance Festival – Holly MI
- Motor City Irish Festival
- Arts Beats & Eats – Royal Oak
- Wyandotte Leprechaun Crawl Festival
- Chicago Irish American Heritage Center
- Lake Lucy Barge Bash Festival
- Medieval Stroll – Canterbury Village
- St. Andrews Highland Festival
- Howell Opera House – Land on the Horizon
- Flamingo Fest Howell MI
- Toledo Irish American Club
- AOH hall in Redford
- Wyandotte Beer Co.
- Howell Public Library
- Fowlerville Public Library
- M22 Glen Arbor Wine Patio
- Elissa Slotkin Fundraisers
- Fiddler’s Hearth – South Bend IN